Sunday 19 February 2012

My spuds in my hands!

My potatoes arrived today from JBA potatoes. I ordered two varieties Winston and Maxine for show purposes these are two of the best. I will grow Kestral and a few other varieties for the kitchen but for the thirty show tubers I will use for the show entries I have ordered some new poly pots. Last year was the first year that I had used these pots and what a difference they make to both the finish through the clean sieved peat and the lack of pest damage through he sterile conditions they provide. I have not had a lot of success with potatoes at my local show and this year i am determined to reverse this trend. This batch of potatoes will be chitted straight away in egg cartons, rose end up in my back bedroom where it is reasonably warm and light. The main crop of kitchen potatoes will be chitting in the next couple of weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment